Monday, July 16, 2012

Campaign Chest #2, Fineto!!!

Sorry for being lax in my posts. We went to Vegas last week for another vacay/anniversary celebration. I've been in vacation mode for about 3 weeks!  But I did get this finished before we left. As usual, I don't have any where to stage this in my house. I am re-doing the living room where this piece will eventually end up. I've decided on the colors of charcoal, smoke, grays, smokey blues, teals, whites and pops of yellow. This campaign piece was painted in BM "Naples Blue". Kind of a peacocky color. I love it.  
I think it will make a great accent piece.

Anyway, here is the before and after. I tried using milk paint on this before finishing it up with this color. What a fiasco! To read all about it, click here...

                        The actual color is a little more teal/peacock blue in person.


I applied two coats of the satin BM paint. No chalk paint this time.  If you haven't tried BM Aura, I highly recommend it. It is by far the best paint I have ever used. I have tried hundreds (I'm not lying!) of gallons of Behr paint. My whole house is painted with it. And while it seems fine, after trying the Aura, I have to say that it goes on beautifully! Yes it's pricey, but so is ASCP. You get what you pay for. 
UPDATE: I have since switched to BM Advance. Better than Aura for furniture. 
The hardware was polished with brasso. Do not use Tarn-x on brass! 














3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYY!!!! It looks amazing! Exactly what I hoped you would do! Look at that shiny brass. I just love it! Great work!
    XOXO,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Wonderful job! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete