Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Going back to BOLD!

You know how I love this milk paint! I scored this great buffet and figured it would look beautiful dressed up in the beautiful ultra-marine color milk paint.I absolutely love the ultra blue and the turquoise color. They are stunning on old wood. 
        I layered a little of the turquoise just to give it some extra color. I love these two shades together.I use the jar to mix it well and then pour it into the container to paint. I love this paint from the Real Milk Paint Co. The colors are gorge!!
 Before the magic of tung oil. 
 Voila! 


 I could not paint over this beautiful walnut.  I love the two-tone with the gold hardware. 

This had a slightly shiny surface so I did have to scuff it up.
Otherwise this milk paint would have chipped right off. 
You want to have a good balance of chippiness and distressing. 
This is staged on my patio. I think it goes beautifully with the mexican tile. 
Wouldn't this buffet look killer in a kitchen with a Spanish or Italian style theme??
 This was in pretty decent shape. I sanded down to bare wood and stained and sealed. 

                  I did line the drawer and also inside the cubbies. 






Linking up at these great parties:

Kammys Korner - Trash to Treasure Tuesdays
Domestically Speaking - The Power of Paint Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday
Miss Mustardseed - Furniture Feature Friday
Homespun Happenings - Rustic Restorations Weekend
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Night Special
1929 Charmer - Sunday's Best Party
Knick of Time Interiors - Knick of Time Tuesday
Between Naps on the Porch
                                                   The Dedicated House,-Mon
                                         Redoux








5 comments:

  1. LOVE your blue. Really pops with the yellow wall and bowl of lemons! Pinning too:) http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/summer-chalk-boards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that blue!! I love it! I need to get bold with my colors! Your piece is amazing!
    Therena @ littlebitofpaint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Yellow walls, lovely tiled patio and a beautiful blue buffet. An amazing makeover in the perfect setting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece! Seriously, just had to pick my jaw up off the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I love the color and the wood together! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete