Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Frenchie of a Different Color

I got so tired of having to move around this guy in the garage, that I finally made the effort to paint it. I got it in January,,,,,,of 2013.  
Well, I didn't want to rush it. 
 I was saving it for something special. I like the standard white. But sometimes you just have to try something different.  
"Dusty Amethyst" 
My own custom color made into chalk paint. I used 3 different shades. 
The 3rd and 5th drawers are painted and sanded. Nothing else. The top two had my black glazing and dark wax. Quite the diff eh?
And of course my signature two-tone look. 
I love the dark walnut top with this color. 

Ah, this hardware. God I hate doing lots of hardware. Each handle is
3 separate pieces. That's 30, if you don't feel like doing some math. Bad enough having to remove all of it let alone painting it with gray chalk
paint, dark wax, buffing and then silver gilding wax. Oh, and a sealer. 
I just had to add some coordinating fabric to line the top drawer! 
Purple Ikat and Velvet??? Hello??!!!!




 LOVE

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful - what a fun unexpected color!
    I never go that bold - and then I see a piece someone's done and I think " next time "
    This may be the push I need :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the uniqueness of purple. I have yet to try it, too scared. You have done well with it. Please come share this on my Chic By You Link Party @ ChicByTab. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! What a lovely color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of your best, yet! ♥♥♥ the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Great piece and great makeover. You are one of the features today at The Round-Up from Before and After Wednesday at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-round-up-from-before-and-after.html Hope to see you again tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete